Saudi visa is a REAL pain in the
ass; don't underrate it!!!
First of all forget getting a turist visa since it doesn't
As you can see the photo of the immigration form I got
on the plane the type of visa available are:
- Business/ work= the visa I got, below the list
- Umrah= small pilgrimage only for Muslim you can do when
- Haj) the real pilgrimage only for Muslim
- Private= if you have relatives in KSA, good luck!
- Transit= you need a proof of a ticket
To me it took 2 months and
I got rejected twice for silly bugs in the documentation.
Consider that both the two times I got the visa it was a hassle,
also when sponsored by the Minister of Foreign Affairs
The document you have to
provide to apply for a Business visa
Original and copy of the passport.
2. Passport should be valid for at least six months.
3. Copy of the Italian Residence Permit (for non-EU citizens).
4. 2 recent photos with white background.
5. Passport must not contain any restriction and authorizes
its holder to return to the issuing country.
6. Passport must contain at least two blank facing pages.
7. Applicants with a valid visa must wait for its expiration
before applying for a new visa. Exceptions are made only for
work visa applicants.
8. Invitation Letter requested by the Saudi company and attested
by the Chamber of Commerce, or a copy of the Visit
Permit issued by the Saudi Ministry of Foreign Affairs. For
some categories of applicants (e.g. lawyers, journalists,
doctors, cook, women) and multi entries visa (valid more than
90 days), the authorization must be issued by Saudi
Ministry of Foreign Affairs.
9. Copy of the Qualification Certificate: o Copy of Bachelor
Degree Certificate, issued or duly legalized by the
competent authorities in Italy, and certified by Italian Ministry
of Foreign Affairs, for lawyers, architects, engineers,
doctors, consultants and project managers.
10. Copy of Diploma or the Experience Certificate for vocational
and technical professions, issued or duly legalized by
the competent authorities in Italy, for technicians, mechanics,
installers and skilled workers. Otherwise the last
payslip and an experience letter on company's letterhead
11. Letter of Visa Request issued by the Applicant's company
on letterhead and addressed to the Chief of the Saudi
Consulate in Rome (please download the template from the "Download
forms" section). Companies that apply for
multiple employees will need to issue individual letters.
12. Copy of the Trade License of the company (Visura Camerale
or certificate of IVA/VAT registration number for
freelancers) issued in Italy or duly attested by the Saudi Embassy
in the host country.
Saudi Ryial (SAR): 1 SAR= 0,24€
I used Lonely Planet Bahrain,
Kuwait, Quatar e Arabia Saudita 4th edit, Feb 2011 translated
in Italian from the english original version Oman, UAE &
Arabian Peninsula (3rd edition, Sept 2010)
From the health standpoint
it's a relative safe place being the standard quite high and
the climate dry for most of the year.
YOU MUST KNOW AND INTERESTING STUFFS
- Female dress code = you
MUST wear an abeja (long black dress, but you don't need to
cover the face as in the burqua). Religious police will check
all the button till the last
dress code= for men is far easier since the only thing not accepted
are the shorts
- You are not allowed in Mecca or Medina if you are not Muslim.
There are checkpoints they will check your passport where it's
supposed to be written you nationality
- When you go to restaurant is you are with a women you must
find the one with the section for families
- When taking a public mean of transport by law you cannot sit
near a woman
- When visiting a mall you cannot enter in the hours dedicated
to the families unless you are with a woman
- Azan, Adhan, Salah, Salat=
the four 30min prayer during the day
- Abeja= the black dress worn by the female (it's not a burka
since eyes are not covered)
- Guntra = the headdress fashioned from a red scarf
- Umrah= the pilgrimage that can be done in any moment of the
- Haijad= the real pilgrimage that must be done in a precise
moment of the year
- ABOUT WEDDINGS:
- Guys get married as soon as
they can (to have sex).
- Thumb rules is after 3 months
from the first salary with a minimum of 6.000 RSA/month
- at wedding male and female celebrated
- In KSA divorces are getting
popular, but only the man can decide
- MUTTAWA: the religious police patrol
around checking the respect of the Islam rules in term of
- a guy I met on the taxi got
whipped 99 times for being caught walking with a girl
who was not a relative
- Taxi driver got whipped 3 times
for being caught smoking hashish
- the wife of an expat working
in Riyadh got scolded by Muttawa for the having the
last button of the Abeja opened
- A lot of things are not taught
in the School Ie: the existence of the railway built
by Ottomans (the Hejaz railway)
- Everything is divided in allowed
or prohibhited (Allaah or Haram), nothing can be in
- A guy on the bus was telling
me he was not so muslim, but he was so scared to tell
me that showed me written on the phone display. He was
scared about the guy in the backseat could hear and
sue him for that.
- A guy on the taxi was complaining
he was not allowed in the shopping malls as single
- In KSA cinemas are forbidden
- During the prayer (Salah) (at
15.30- 16.00, at 18.30-19.00) EVERYTHING is shut down,
so whatever you are doing, you will stop and just wait
the prayer ends
- In Riyadh public square there've
been 3 beheading since the beginning of the year
- I was with a female colleague
for dinner we struggled to find the restaurant accepting
females (the one for families)
- In the restaurant we ate a delicious
- Car petrol costs 0.15€/l
- A taxi driver earns around 140
- During taxiing on the plane
males and females get acquainted using bluetooth